"Provably fair" is a concept in the online gambling and iGaming industry that refers to a cryptographic algorithm used to ensure the fairness of a game.
This system allows players to verify that the outcome of a game round is truly random and has not been manipulated by the casino or any third party.
In other words, it provides a way to prove that the game is fair.
How Does It Work?
- Initial Hash: Before a game round begins, the server generates a secret seed or hash and shares its cryptographic hash with the player.
- Player Input: The player also provides a seed, known as the "client seed," for the game round. This ensures that neither party can predict or control the outcome.
- Game Outcome: The game is played, and the outcome is determined by using both the server and client seeds in the algorithm.
- Verification: After the game round, the player can use the initial hash and the known algorithm to verify that the outcome was indeed fair and random.
- Transparency: Players can independently verify the fairness of each game round.
- Trust: Builds trust between the casino and the player, as outcomes can be verified.
- Security: Reduces the risk of fraud or manipulation from either party.
Common in Crypto Casinos
In summary, "provably fair" systems offer a transparent and verifiable way to ensure that online gambling games are conducted fairly and securely.